Group="True" in CamlJS

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:11 PM
Hi
First of all: Thanks a lot for this project! It helped me a lot and saved tons of time... :)

While having a problem with the correct order of And/Or clauses I found this thread: http://camljs.codeplex.com/discussions/466624

Although I've never seen this Group-parameter in a CAML query, it seems to be officially supported.

Since the discussion mentioned before is from 2013, I wondered if this group by has made it into CamlJS somehow and I overlooked it...

I have a similar problem like the original poster, but I have multiple field criterias which should be correctly 'linked' when using an "or" statement.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Martin
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2015 at 2:11 PM
Hi Martin,

Thanks, appreciate your feedback.
No, Group attribute hasn't made into camljs because I performed some testing and haven't noticed any difference between queries with this attribute and without it. Also I cannot find any official documentation regarding this attribute.

It gets generated in SharePoint Designer, and actually my guess is that SharePoint Designer uses it for displaying this query in it's UI, but when actually executing the query, it is not needed.

P.S. Sorry for the very late answer, codeplex had some problems sending out emails, so I haven't got any notification about your post and completely missed it.

Best,
Andrei